Monday 7 October 2019

Stepping up

I have still not started stocking the shelves in The Toy House. There are several reasons this has happened yet, mostly to do with real life taking up way too much time and that I know I need a lot, and I mean A Lot more toys to fill the floor to ceiling shelves!


The other small issue is that I realized H. R. Tjørngren, the shop owner, would never ever be able to reach the top shelf to get the toys down once I put them up there! He was going to need a step ladder.


I got a fabulous little library ladder kit (and a few others) from Jane Harrop which is just the perfect height. I have given it numerous layers of paint, sanded down between each coat - mostly because I could not decide on a colour. In the end, it is now looking suitably worn.


H. R. Tjørngren seemed pretty happy. Perhaps, he is just happy to be out of the box, he has been in for over 20 years. That is how long ago it is that I made him.



Testing the ladder...


.. yep, those top shelves are now within reach. It looks like I better get started making more toys.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Anna,

    Mr. Tjørngren looks happy to be out of the box indeed. And happy to be able to reach those upper shelves. A pair of steps are Always very useful. If not needed to reach for high places it can Always be used to display little toys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, the teddies are already eyeing off the step ladder LOL.

      Delete
  2. This is your first miniature project? wow ... your store looks beautiful, wonderful colors and the lamp is great, I love your lamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gonda. I am having a lot of fun (but not enough time)

      Delete
  3. I hope he is giving the shelves a good dusting while he is up there and not just pretending to look busy. You will have such fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed having fun! Gosh, I had not thought of the feather duster...Thanks ;-)

      Delete
  4. Great idea a toy shop, everything for the shelfs are little projects to make, enjoy making of the shelves!
    have a nice day!
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marijke - I have hours of fun ahead of me, filling all those shelves.
      Anna

      Delete
  5. H. R. is wonderful, Anna! I love his dapper suit and his face is just the right amount of friendly and yet also business-like! I love Jane Harrop kits! So much fun, and the red color of the stool is such a nice contrast to the yellow shelves! I can't wait to see what else you've had stored away for 20 years, and to see the new goodies you'll be making for the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi, I had to give him a new suit since the one he had been wearing for years while 'sleeping' in a box was looking a little shabby. :)

      Delete